Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running Journal

What to write? This journaling is annoying. A little more guidance would be nice. At least it gives me something to blog about. The only problem is that I don't want this blog to turn into me just talking about working out all the time. I am way more complex, way more sentimental than that. So keep your Kleenex handy, folks.

Okay, the running journal: Today I went 2 miles in approximately 15 minutes. I am a little annoyed at the lack of a consistent routine – every class we do something different. Today the workout started with a one lap walk. I didn't participate. I had just walked over there from where I work on campus and I don't really think of walking a lap in 25 degree weather as a "warm up". I filled my water bottle with hot water and put my stuff in a locker in the men's locker room and then I started my jog. A good slow jog is a better warm up (in my opinion) than a freeze-your-ass-off walk.

I felt really good. My lungs hurt from the cold during the first mile but they were with me during the whole run (usually my lungs try to quit before the rest of me is ready to stop). My legs felt fresh, not heavy. My back didn't feel too tight. I felt really good today.

--me

No comments:

Post a Comment