Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catching up...

As promised, I have catching up to do here on the blog. This whole week has been a week of catch up. I didn't have a restful Spring Break and since that time I have pretty much just been coasting this semester. Unlike last semester, where I had a TON of major projects, presentations, and papers to do in the second half of the semester (most being due the last week of the semester), this semester I volunteered as early as possible for all the presentations that I had to do and by Spring Break I was all done with everything but final exams. So when I returned from Spring Break still exhausted (I am really not complaining here - that is the life of a full time grad student) I had a hard time finding motivation to work ahead or even to stay caught up with stuff. Somehow, I still managed to read more than I gave myself credit for but I did totally ignore the big reading assignment that I had to do - Don Quijote de la Mancha - volume II.
Well, last Sunday, I stayed home from Church to read. I got about 5 chapters into Don Quijote and I fell asleep. I had THE MOST RESTFUL SLEEP I have had since beginning the graduate program last fall. I felt younger, fresher, more recovered - and this week I have read more than 50 chapters in Don Quijote. I plan on finishing the book tomorrow. That may seem like a small feat for many of you, but I do not consider myself to be a very talented reader - certainly not a fast reader.
In addition to that I have read a lot for my Latin American Short Stories class. Perhaps it is needless to say, but all the reading has been in Spanish.
In my next post, I will put more photos from our quick trip to Minnesota as well as some other things that have been going on around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment