Friday, October 2, 2009

Race journal

My first 10k ever. The day was BEAUTIFUL! The area was covered in fog when we arrived and there were several ducks and geese in the small lake at Shelby Farms. During the race, I watched several other geese fly over and I saw fish jumping in the water as they hunted the early morning bugs. I ran a really slow first half. I was unsure if I would be able to run the whole thing or not; since school started again I have not been training as well as I was earlier in the year. This was at about the three mile mark. I had been running about 30 min and I felt really good so I sped up a lot at this point. I finished 162 overall - 31 in my age group. My total time was 51:47. It is nothing to brag about, but I felt good doing it. My average mile time was 8:20 - about a minute slower than my mile time in the 5 mile race a month and a half ago. The increase in time is a result of the reduction in my training in the last two months. Still, I felt great afterwards and I was happy for about two days from the run. Click here for another picture of me from earlier in the same race.


Thanks for reading. And, don't forget to exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I admire anyone who would run in a 10K. :)

    ReplyDelete