Saturday, March 12, 2011

life without facebook

I don't know how long it has been - a week maybe? But the simple fact that I would want to write about it can indicate that it is on my mind. I don't think that I was (or am) any more addicted to Facebook than anybody else I know but not having it makes me much more aware of how much time I had been spending on it - and I haven't really found a productive replacement for that time. This week I have spent a lot more time reading news stories on Google news. I guess it is a similar distraction - just that the headlines don't update as often as status updates. Inasmuch as nobody I know is in the news the similarity to Facebook ends (which is to say, there really isn't much similarity besides the way that they are both just distractions).
All in all, I feel a little bit more alone without Facebook than I felt with Facebook. I don't have a whole lot of close friends that I stay up to date with in other ways. But Facebook isn't a sufficient replacement of more meaningful relationships for me to reopen my account right away.
me

1 comment:

  1. Well, I miss seeing your updates, but I understand the distraction factor.
    We just watched a french movie on netfix called Butterfly. Simple little movie, nice for all collectors and former collectors. Love you.

    ReplyDelete